Saturday, July 24, 2010

Amy Williams binds behind tears at romantic Vancouver award rite Sport

Amy Williams

Amy Williams shows off her Winter Olympics bullion award after the rite in Vancouver. Photograph: Fabrice Coffrini/AFP/Getty Images

Amy Williams betrothed to toast her Olympic structure of the body bullion award with "a sip of champagne" after being presented with it in front of a entertaining throng at the Whistler Medals Plaza.

Williams hold behind tears as the Union Jack was lifted over a Winter Olympic lectern for the initial time given Rhona Martin"s curling group took bullion at the Salt Lake City Games in 2002.

But she certified she had strew tears progressing in the day, when she paused to perspective internet footage of her hermit and identical tiwn sister entertaining her home on TV in the internal beer hall in Bath. Williams said: "I"m going to have a sip of champagne tonight but I"m going to save the celebration for when I get home. I did have tears when I saw the scenes at my internal pub. It unequivocally choked me up."

Williams insisted the experience of being awarded her award in such a open approach had frightened her and her dual German rivals, who won china and bronze, far some-more than throwing themselves head-first down a 90mph ice track.

She added: "All 3 of us were only jolt prior to going on. To have the award right away is only incredible. I didn"t think I would get a award – I was only anticipating to do improved than my precision runs.

"I"ve been in a burble given I won and it feels similar to it"s got thicker. It feels a small bit some-more genuine right away that I"m holding the medal. I"ve had a summary of congratulations from the Prime Minister and the total thing is amazing."

No comments:

Post a Comment